Baroque palaces and energetic streets, old-school taquerías and contemporary art: experience this beguiling metropolis with Moon Mexico City.
- Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps or follow a self-guided walk through Mexico City’s most interesting neighborhoods
- See the Sights: Wander the ruins of Tenochtitlán at the Museo del Templo Mayor or visit Frida Kahlo’s home. Explore the colorful Mercado de la Merced, admire Mexico City’s sleek contemporary art museum, or venture into the past at the National Museum of Anthropology
- Get a Taste of the City: Feast on tacos al pastor from a street stand or indulge in the foodie scene with a multicourse meal of creative ceviche and mole negro dishes. Sip tequila and snack on botanas with locals at a cantina, belly up to the bar at a taqueria, or try Oaxacan-style chiles rellenos at a beloved family-owned spot
- Bars and Nightlife: Sip your way through a dazzling array of traditional dance halls, chic nightclubs, and hip mezcal hideaways
- Trusted Advice: Julie Meade, who lived in Mexico for 10 years, shares her cultural and artistic expertise on her beloved city
- Itineraries and Day Trips: Head out to Cuernavaca, Puebla, or the ancient pyramid ruins of Teotihuacán or follow itineraries ranging from family friendly tours to a lazy market Saturday, all accessible by bus, train, or public transit
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps so you can explore on your own, plus an easy-to-read foldout map to use on the go
- Handy Tools: Background information on the landscape, history, and culture of Mexico City, packaged in a book light enough to toss in your bag
With Moon Mexico City’s practical tips and local insight, you can experience the best of the city.
Exploring more of Mexico? Check out Moon San Miguel de Allende or Moon Yucatán Peninsula. Looking for another world-class city? Try Moon Buenos Aires.